Andrea Catanzarito wins OFLA scholarship

12:31 PM
AU junior Andrea Catanzarito has been awarded the Ohio Foreign Language Association's $1000 study abroad scholarship for 2011. She will be studying this summer in Alicante, Spain. OFLA awards one such scholarship per year to an Ohio college student who is studying to become a licensed K-12 foreign language teacher. Andrea studied for six weeks with AU in Costa Rica in 2010 and has chosen the longer summer program in Alicante for additional coursework in Spanish language and cultural immersion.  Andrea commented, "I'm excited to have the opportunity to study in Alicante, which will be very different from my experience in the U.S. and Costa Rica. I look forward to seeing my language skills improve. I also can't wait to experience Spanish culture."

0 komentar