Student Spotlight - Max Ostrowski

5:44 AM

Max Ostrowski has received the Robert Schmidt AU in Costa Rica Scholarship to support his experience at Conversa Language Institute in Santa Ana this summer.  Max is a freshman from Mentor, Ohio, majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in Spanish.    The travel to Costa Rica will be Max’s first international experience. “The trip to Costa Rica will be an experience of a lifetime; an experience that will enhance my abilities in Spanish, establish credits towards my Spanish minor and broaden my outlook on another culture in the world. I plan to pursue a career in The Federal Bureau of Investigations, The Central Intelligence Agency and or Homeland Security while still keeping options open for a global career. This experience will give me better credentials and better opportunities to pursue a passionate career.”
Max is also a member of the A.U. cross-country and track teams.  In high school, he participated in the State Championship in three events and was named an All-Ohio Athlete. He holds two D1 high school track records. Max’s athletic work ethic carries over into his studies.  “For Costa Rica, I continue to put fourth my best efforts in studying because of my excitement for the international experience and culture; a culture so vastly different from our own. Everything will be a new experience and this is a huge opportunity for my family and me. It’s an exhilarating feeling being the first generation in my family to attend college and to have the opportunity to study abroad. This will be an accomplishment to be extremely proud of. I used to sit in class gazing at pictures on the wall of Venezuela and Peru. I used to dream of having the opportunity to see and experience a country so culturally rich. Now I will be able to interact with the people of Costa Rica, see their beaches, their vegetation, their exotic wild life and most of all, put myself in the best learning environment to acquire the skills necessary to pursue my career.” Max is contemplating changing his Spanish minor to a major… the Costa Rica experience may put him over the top!  ¡Pura Vida!

0 komentar