Position: Spanish Language Guide
Hours: Camp runs 9am – 3pm Monday-Friday for 4 weeks
June 16-20, 2014
June 23-27, 2014
July 7-11, 2014
July 14-18, 2014
(plus one additional training day in early June TBD)
Skills / Qualifications:
· Completely fluent in Spanish
· Enjoy working with children
· Excellent organizational, planning and leadership skills
· Positive attitude and ability to work well with others
· Able to pass a drug screen and BCII/FBI criminal background check
· Has 5 years of residency in Ohio
· Teaching and/or camp counselor experience preferred
· First Aid and CPR certifications a plus
The Spanish Language Guide will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
· Help facilitate daily theme-related activity in each of the following areas: Art, Music, Focus, and Movement.
· Keep children on task by adhering to overall daily schedule. Including supervising children during recess, lunch and water play activities.
· Encourage a fun and upbeat atmosphere by keeping a happy and positive disposition while with campers
· Learn and utilize all required songs, chants and vocabulary words.
· Provide one-on-one child attention when needed and get to know each child in your assigned group
· Assist with child drop-off and pick-up to help ensure a safe and secure camp experience.
· Actively communicate with campers, parents, co-workers and owners
For more information please visit CampGlobo.com and “like” us on Facebook
Camp Globo is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or
Camp Globo, PO Box 2251, Hudson, OH 44236
About Camp Globo
Camp Globo is a language immersion summer day camp for children entering grades k-5. Immersion means that 90% of the time Spanish is used. When English is used it is sandwiched between Spanish, so Spanish word – English translation –Spanish word. We spend our days engaged in all sorts of fun camp adventures including water play, sports, crafts, and music. At Camp Globo our leaders are referred to as guides instead of teachers or counselors. They are there to help guide children through fun activities in a new language. We refrain from using the title of teacher because we are not formally teaching our campers.
Camp Globo is offered in two-week sessions. We offer multiple sessions throughout the summer months. Each session has a different theme and camp activities are based around that theme. Our days are broken into four main sections: art, movement, focus, and music. Children are exposed to repetitive and kinetic language use that will stimulate their brains and create a basis for a lifetime of fluency.
Camp Globo is in Stow, Ohio at the corner of Fishcreek Rd. and Stow Rd (inside Hickey Karate Center). We are minutes away from Hudson, Akron, and Cuyahoga Falls. Our facilities offer large indoor and outdoor space with access to a playground and sport fields as well as separate boys and girls locker rooms.