Dr. Gray releases monograph!

7:07 AM
Please congratulate Dr. Richard Gray on his recent publication -  he just published his monograph Francophone African Poetry and Drama: A Cultural History since the 1960s. 

The Preface reads:

"I would be negligent if I did not acknowledge the individuals who have supported me throughout the research and writing phases of this book. Thank you to the staff at the Musée du Quai Branly in Paris who illuminated my experience during my visit in 2012. The vast collection of African art objects held there served as the inspiration for my research. I would like to thank my departmental colleagues Jen, Bill, Barb, Mary, and Lina for respecting the time restrictions under which this project had placed me. Thank you to my students who helped me to develop my ideas in the courses that I taught in French and Francophone literature and culture in the Spring 2013 and Fall 2013 semesters at Denison University and at Ashland University. Thank you to my close friend and colleague, Mike, who has always pushed me to research and to write even when I have been under the yoke of a heavy teaching load. Thank you to my parents, my in-laws, my sister and her family. You have helped me in more ways that you will ever know. My most heartfelt thanks go to my wife, Andrea, and to my four children, Geneviève, Madeleine, Catherine, and RJ. Andrea, you have provided continuous support for my teaching and scholarship and have helped me to navigate the road of life. Geneviève, Madeleine, Catherine, and RJ, you are the future of this planet. I sincerely hope that one day you will inherit the world that Nelson Mandela had envisioned; one that is full of peace, hope, and love." (Preface)

Thank you Dr. Gray for sharing your expertise 
with Ashland University!

0 komentar