FL Honors Outstanding Graduating French Minor Tiffiany Urig!

5:54 AM

I am Tiffany Urig and I am a junior who will be graduating in December.  I am a fashion merchandising major with minors in French, marketing, and business administration.


This past summer I studied abroad at the Paris Fashion Institute.  It was an absolutely amazing experience.  I had the opportunity to learn from and work with some of the top creative directors, fashion publicists, and bloggers in the industry.  As a class, we created an entire women’s spring collection from designing fabrics and prints, to choosing colors and creating a marketing campaign.  The project assignment even went as far as taking the product all the way through the supply chain, merchandising the collection, and creating retail and product positioning.  In summary, the project took the collection from the original design concept all the way through the supply chain to the sales floor for the consumer to purchase.  Our other courses included Fashion Promotion, Fashion Illustration, Fashion History, and Art History.  I had the opportunity to close out my stay in Paris by working for Henrik Vibskov on his fashion show as part of Paris Men’s Fashion Week.  Due to my proficiency in French, I was chosen to greet and check-in guests as well as work backstage after the show ensuring that the proper press and media were backstage.

On campus, I have been involved in the planning and production of 3 fashion shows, co-directing one and being the merchandise team leader of another.  I am also a part of multiple honoraries, including Omicron Delta Kappa, a national leadership honor society; Kappa Omicron Nu, the family and consumer sciences honor society; and Phi Sigma Iota, the foreign language honor society.  Furthermore, I have been a member of a missions team that spent some time serving the people of the Navajo Native American Reservation and I am employed with the Sports Information Department as a student secretary as well as a statistician for football, volleyball, and men and women’s basketball. 

This summer, I will be completing an internship with Rebecca Ray Designs as well as returning to my sales associate position at Anthropologie. 

0 komentar